ATLANTA, July 28, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Residence Depot decreased its mixed Scope 1 and a couple of carbon emissions by roughly 172,000 metric tons in 2021, equal to taking greater than 37,000 automobiles off the highway for a 12 months. The corporate decreased its electrical energy consumption by roughly 11 % year-over-year in U.S. shops – whereas on the identical time opening 5 new shops – and reduce U.S. retailer electrical energy utilization by 50 % since 2010.
These and different highlights are included in The Residence Depot’s 2022 ESG Report, which gives updates on the corporate’s progress centered round three environmental, social and governance (ESG) pillars: specializing in our folks, working sustainably, and strengthening our communities.
The Residence Depot paid document Fiscal 2021 Success Sharing bonuses to non-management associates of roughly $739 million. The corporate’s U.S. affiliate base was as soon as once more extra ethnically various than the U.S. working inhabitants; roughly 36 % of its new hires have been girls, and greater than 57 % have been ethnically various in 2021. The Residence Depot spent $3.3 billion with Tier I various suppliers in 2021 and introduced a objective to spend $5 billion yearly by 2025.
The Residence Depot Basis crossed a milestone of greater than $400 million contributed to veterans’ causes since 2011, whereas additionally making significant progress on its expert trades coaching initiatives and responding to communities struck by pure disasters through the 12 months.
“Our workforce is aware of that an efficient ESG technique works greatest after we all work collectively – our associates, nonprofit companions and provider companions – to generate probably the most optimistic influence attainable,” stated Ted Decker, CEO and president of The Residence Depot. “The progress we have made in specializing in our folks, working sustainably and strengthening our communities is a testomony to the laborious work and dedication of our associates. I wish to thank them and all our companions for his or her dedication to serving to us do our half to care for our clients, communities and one another.”
Further Fiscal 2021 highlights round The Residence Depot’s three ESG pillars embrace:
Specializing in Folks
- Awarded roughly $230 million in grants to roughly 164,000 associates since 1999 by means of its inside affiliate help program, The Homer Fund
- Accomplished its objective to launch a Tier II provider variety program to encourage its suppliers to spend extra with various companies
- Elevated the illustration of feminine and underrepresented minority teams throughout its managers and above inhabitants within the U.S.
- Roughly 90 % of U.S. retailer leaders began as hourly associates
- In 2021, The Residence Depot estimates that buyer purchases of Power Star merchandise helped scale back annual electrical energy use by 7 billion kilowatt hours, saving $950 million on vitality prices, and reducing carbon emissions by 4.9 million metric tons
- The corporate estimates that water-saving merchandise offered at The Residence Depot helped clients scale back consumption by over 66 billion gallons in 2021
- Eradicated 1.1 million sq. toes of PVC movie by redesigning its non-public label packaging in Fiscal 2021 – sufficient to cowl 19 soccer fields
- Accomplished a multi-year venture to transform U.S. shops to LED overhead lighting
- Dedicated to taking part within the CDP Forests Questionnaire
- The Residence Depot Basis achieved the milestone of 10 years of its dedication to help the U.S. navy veteran neighborhood, whereas additionally surpassing $400 million contributed to veterans’ causes
- In 2021, roughly 14,000 associates volunteered in communities throughout 150 cities nationwide by means of Crew Depot, The Residence Depot’s affiliate volunteer pressure
- Since 2011, Crew Depot has volunteered greater than 1.25 million service hours to veterans’ causes
- The Residence Depot Basis dedicated greater than $7 million in 2021 to assist communities impacted by pure disasters
- Since 2009, the corporate’s “Retool Your Faculty” grant program has helped fund greater than 100 campus beautification tasks benefitting 65 % of traditionally black faculties and universities (HBCU’s)
About The Residence Depot
The Residence Depot is the world’s largest residence enchancment specialty retailer. On the finish of the primary quarter, the corporate operated a complete of two,316 retail shops in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. The corporate employs roughly 500,000 associates. The Residence Depot’s inventory is traded on the New York Inventory Trade (NYSE: HD) and is included within the Dow Jones industrial common and Commonplace & Poor’s 500 index. The Residence Depot is #17 on the 2022 Fortune 500.
Sure statements contained herein represent “forward-looking statements” as outlined within the Non-public Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements could relate to, amongst different issues, our objectives, commitments and packages, and projections of future outcomes, together with our means to fulfill our objectives; the influence on our enterprise, operations and monetary outcomes of the COVID-19 pandemic and the associated restoration; our enterprise plans, methods, initiatives and goals and their anticipated execution and influence; administration of relationships with our associates, potential associates, suppliers and repair suppliers; value and availability of labor; prices of gas and different vitality sources; worldwide commerce disputes, pure disasters, local weather change, public well being points (together with pandemics and quarantines, associated shut-downs and different governmental orders, and comparable restrictions, in addition to subsequent re-openings), cybersecurity occasions, navy conflicts or acts of battle, and different enterprise interruptions that might disrupt operation of our services, our means to function or entry communications, monetary or banking programs, or provide or supply of, or demand for, the Firm’s services or products; the influence of regulatory adjustments; the influence of acquired corporations on our group; and our assumptions, expectations and projections relating to any of the foregoing.
Ahead-looking statements are based mostly on at present obtainable info and our present assumptions, expectations and projections about future occasions. They don’t seem to be ensures of future efficiency and are topic to future occasions, dangers and uncertainties – a lot of that are past our management, depending on the actions of third events, or at present unknown to us – in addition to doubtlessly inaccurate assumptions that might trigger precise outcomes to vary materially. These dangers and uncertainties embrace, however will not be restricted to, these described within the “Danger Components” part and elsewhere in our most not too long ago filed Annual Report on Kind 10-Okay, and likewise in future reviews we file with the Securities and Trade Fee. We encourage you to evaluation these filings. Ahead-looking statements converse solely as of the date they’re made, and we don’t undertake to replace these statements aside from as required by legislation. You might be suggested, nonetheless, to evaluation any additional disclosures we make on associated topics in our filings with the Securities and Trade Fee and in our different public statements.
SOURCE The Residence Depot